Now that first year is over and I’ve gotten all my marks I think it’s about time to assess my experience and put them in point form.
- A lot of stress was wasted on how my marks will add up. STOP WORRYING ABOUT THEM YOU OBVIOUSLY KNOW WHAT YOU’RE DOING.
- Talk to teachers more, they’re pretty cool people and they can be pretty handy mentors when it comes to advertising for your upcoming shows.
- Art teachers don’t know what they want to see in your work, so don’t give a fuck and do what feels right.
- DON’T FUCKING WRITE AND ESSAY A NIGHT BEFORE.
- Reading are important but honestly you did pretty fucking well without reading 50 percent of them.
- Discussing readings in class makes a difference.
- You’re not a fucking idiot so ask a question!
- Make more artwork that takes less time.
- Experiment more with unknown territory in the Studio.
- Miss class sometimes to go to a cool show, it’s fucking worth it.
All and all, it was a wonderful year of crazy exploring drinking after class and crying with you best friends on how you fuck at life and doubt every possible decision you ever make.